Sunday, June 3, 2012

Abundance and gratitude

I thought for a couple of minutes regarding which word to place first in the title of this post, abundance or gratitude.

Since I began noticing both of these in my life, there has been a huge shift in the way I perceive life. There are times when I'm grateful for the abundance in my life and there times when showing gratitude creates abundance in life. Amazing thing is, this cycle continues to feed itself. Psychiatrists talk about spiral downward of mood among the depressed, this cycle is the spiral upward. Just like the spiral downward, if you feed it regularly it continues to go upward. 

Just a small example, last weekend we went up-north for the Memorial day long weekend. We had a big storm in the Cities and two of my tomato plants died. I was sad about the plants but grateful that others survived. I decided I'll buy a couple of plants over the weekend. A day after we got back, someone I work with brought me three tomato plants that he grew since I lost mine. I couldn't believe it!! I don't recall telling him I had lost two plants. What a nice gesture by him! this small gift made my day. I was grateful for the abundance and humbled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment